Saturday 9 November 2013

How To Draw .........An Eye
Eyes are very captivating features and very expressive. They can be the soul and body of many portraits, photographs or paintings, and is one of my favourite things to draw. The eye I am going to draw is quite realistic as well as really easy. It is based mostly on shading and detail for the realistic effect, and as I have said before I have the skill of art naturally and have not taken classes or earned any grades - though I am up for GCSE Art . Also you could try using colours instead of just pencil but that's wholly up to you.

What you will need:
A pencil - any will do, not necessarily a sketching one. Here I am using a normal Hb pencil.
Paper or the surface you would like the sketch to be on.
Optional:
rubber/eraser 
a picture to copy


One. Poise pencil to paper, and draw the shape of the eye. Draw the outline of the pupil, waterline and eyeball. Also draw the lid of the eye.



Two. Draw in the eyelashes on the water line.

Three. Shade the centre of the pupil dark and in a shade  slightly darker, start making strokes with your pencil going outward, all around the dark centre.



Four. Colour in the rest a lighter shade and keep on doing so until they blend.

Five. Fill in the eye-lashes and shade the lid of the eye.

Simples!

Just a photo, sketch and song update.
I took this photo two years ago but I still must say it's one of my best nature photographs till date. It was taken in the butterfly section in Bristol Zoo! Btw it's a butterfly on a piece of pineapple.

This is literally what I do to pass time.

Song

I hope you like this post and I'm thinking of making the eye I drew for this tutorial into a sketch... hmmm..... Thanks for reading!

Next post on Wednesday. Bye bye xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coca-Cola